Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mourning in this Small Town

As I was walking around this small town, trying to decide where to set up my easel, I realized that every business but one was shut down or boarded up. The gas station was out of business, even the one traffic light didn't work. It was a town that died. During the 2 hours I was there, I saw one man ride by on his bicycle. And yet every local politician has put posters on the utility poles.





Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125$0 s/h
Or, send me an email

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great painting!! I love it.

Sheila Vaughan said...

You have captured that loneliness, despite the sunshine. The sun shines even on forgotten places!

Linda McCoy said...

Wonderful painting with the perfect title.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Wonderful light in this painting Chris, it must have felt somewhat eiree painting it though.

Jeffrey