Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

In The Fridge, a daily still life with condiments - SOLD

The joys of painting, one doesn't quite work out as you hoped, the next one works out exactly as you hoped. This result makes me very happy. I was able to keep it simple and chunky, strong color notes and contrasts. A sense of the light as I saw it and, it just simply feels right to me. There are things I would do differently now that I have had some time to look and digest this for a few hours. I think if I were to do this subject again, I might want to focus on one object a little bit more and push back the rest by easing up on the contrasts and softening some edges. Something to consider for my next sketch.

2 comments:

Cooper Dragonette said...

Gorgeous colors here Chris. I don't know which I like more; your landscapes or still-lifes!

Jason Waskey said...

Great painting, awesome idea.