Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Good Mornin' Alley, How Are Ya -

Deep Ellum, Dallas,Plein Air, Oil Painting,Daily Painting

12x16 oil on masonite panel.
I started this painting a few days ago before work. It had a pretty good start and I was looking forward to returning this morning to finish it. Thanksgiving morning in Dallas was more like London in a horror film...dense fog everywhere. I didn't want to waste the morning so I painted a small sketch in the park and then went home to play with this painting. While painting I listened to "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie which led me to Peter, Paul and Mary to Judy Collins to The Seekers to John Denver to Bob Dylan and then back to Arlo Guthrie and the "City of New Orleans" hence "Good Morning America...". The sentiment fit the location and the lyric fit my life over these past 7 years.




Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $326$9 s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments: