Monday, May 4, 2009

Daisy Pool 8x8 oil

One of the flowers had a broken stem. I didn't want to throw it away, so I put it in a tuna can with some water. I keep several left over tuna fish cans in the studio. When I need a new brush cleaner, I wrap one with galvanized wire mesh or screen and drop it into a tomato can and add mineral spirits. The sediment falls through into the tuna can. I have several store bought turp cans but none work as well as this method and the cost is a tiny fraction of the commercial cans.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100$0 s/h
Or, send me an email


FCP said...

That is absolutely brilliant--thanks for sharing,

mike rooney studios said...

love the shapes on the inside of the can... you proved that cool stuff is everywhere!