Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

A River Sunset - © Christopher Greco - SOLD

"A River Sunset"
10x14" oil on masonite panel.
The setting sun was spectacular and I was thrilled to find myself at the river and ready to paint. This painting went through a few changes along the way. At one point my dog was in the foreground, standing on the large flat rocks, then a Blue Heron made an appearance in the middle ground and for awhile there was a fisherman way off to the left and his wife and child up on the river bank. The large mass of trees on the left was mostly in sunlight for quite awhile too. In the end, I like what I ended up with.

2 comments:

jimserrettstudio said...

I can feel the light. Beautiful piece.

Unknown said...

I've always enjoyed your work - getting these in my inbox is always a treat - I'm making strides in my oils and looking for marketing ideas too / best, Chris